With the scorching summer days just around the corner, it is important to pay attention for any signs that your car needs AC repair in Pendleton, OR. Here are a few key indicators to be on the lookout for that might be signaling that it is time for repairs or replacement of your vehicle’s AC:
- Warm air: If your air conditioner is blowing out warm air, the issue could be related to a failed electrical component, or the compressor could be worn out due to old age.
- Restricted airflow: If cool air is blowing out of your vents, but is doing so weakly and not circulating properly throughout the car, the issue might lie with the air conditioner’s compressor operation.
- Short cycling: If your air conditioner isn’t turning on at all or is only operating for short periods of time, the problem might be with the electrical unit of your car, and it would be best for a trained technician to take a look.
- Loud noises: If you are hearing any squealing, grinding or scraping noises coming from your air conditioner, it could signal some sort of trouble with the internal machinery, such as a belt slipping out of place.
- Foul smells: A musty odor coming from your vents could be indicating that there is a mold issue, and a burnt smell might mean that, somewhere along the line, the wires have burned.
- Excessive repairs: If you have been shelling out more and more money each year to get your air conditioning system through the summer months, that is a good indication that it may be time to re-evaluate and find a more cost-effective option.
- Too much humidity: Your air conditioner is able to keep your car cool during the summer by not only providing chilled conditioned air, but also by removing the humidity that is in your car. If your AC is not doing this and your car is remaining too humid, your system might need repairs to make it more efficient.
- Leaking: Any kind of leak coming from your car isn’t a good sign. If it is coming from the air conditioner, it could be an indication of a refrigerant leak.
- Starts cool, turns warm: If your car initially blows cool air through the vents, but that air eventually turns warm, there could be a blown fuse or leaky or clogged valve that needs repair.
- Age: The older your car gets, the less efficient it gradually becomes, and this applies to all of your car’s AC components as well. Well-maintained air conditioning systems can last as long as your car does, but the time may eventually come when your air conditioner has exceeded its lifespan.
If you need help assessing whether or not your car needs air conditioning repair, call the experts at Western Radiator Inc. Whether you need minor repairs or have a deeper issue that needs to be addressed, we are here to help you with your AC repair in Pendleton, OR. Give us a call to schedule your appointment right away.
Categorised in: AC Repair
This post was written by Writer