It is once again time to start making plans to take exciting road trips to different parts of the country with your family this summer. Making sure that your vehicle is up to the task by checking to see if you need AC repair in Pendleton, OR can help your family remain comfortable and safe for the entirety of your drive. Here are five things to check before you and your family gear up for your summer road trip this year:
- General inspection: It is always a good idea to have an inspection done before you hit the road. While learning that you might need repairs before your trip isn’t ideal, it is certainly preferred to dealing with car trouble while you are out of town. Take your car in to the shop to make sure that all of the basics are taken care of. This will usually include an inspection of your wipers and fluid levels, as well as on oil change or tune-up to ensure fuel efficiency while traveling.
- Battery: While you are at the shop, you should also have the mechanics check on your battery as well. The terminals should be clear of debris, and your battery should be in good condition in order to ensure that you won’t have to deal with any problems while you are away. The last thing you want is to be on a road trip in a car that won’t start because of a dead battery.
- Tires: Before you do any extended driving, you should always check on the condition of your tires. In order for your tires to be safe to drive on long stretches of highway, they will need sufficient tread and air pressure.
- Brakes: Properly functioning brakes are necessary at all times, but even more so when you are driving with your family on the highway. Make sure to have your brakes inspected and replace your brake pads if necessary, so that you can be ready for any driving situation you may encounter.
- AC repair and radiator flush: In order to ensure that your family remains cool and comfortable for the entire drive, have your air conditioner inspected before you get on the road to make sure that the fluid levels are sufficient and the temperatures are consistent. You should also have your coolant flushed routinely to make sure that your engine isn’t in danger of overheating while spending so many hours on the open road.
Here at Western Radiator Inc., we specialize in AC repairs and radiator flushes in Pendleton, OR, and for the past 36 years we have helped countless customers driving a wide range of makes and models stay cool and comfortable every summer. Our goal is to make sure that all you and your family have to do is enjoy your relaxing drive. Give us a call today to schedule your appointment so that you are ready to get out on the road right away. We look forward to working with you!
This post was written by Writer