As difficult as the winter may be for you, it can be even harder on your car. That is why it is necessary to maintain your car throughout the winter so that it is ready for the spring and summer as well. From general vehicle inspections to AC repair in Pendleton, OR, here are 10 areas you should focus on to keep your car in good shape:
- Get rid of the salt: After a long winter of driving on salt-covered roads, your car’s undercarriage will need a good cleaning. Rid your car of all of winter’s grime as soon as possible to prevent corrosive buildup.
- Tire pressure: To avoid a dangerous incident due to your tires either having too much air or not enough, check your tire pressure when your car has been at rest for a while to get the most accurate reading.
- Wipers: Check that your wipers are still in good condition and making contact with your windshield, and replace them if necessary.
- Suspension and alignment: Have your mechanic check your suspension and alignment to ensure that nothing has been jarred out of place by potholes on the bumpy winter roads.
- Check your fluids: The chilly temperatures of the winter can alter the viscosity of your car’s oil, so inspecting the condition of your oil as the weather begins to improve will be critical.
- Rotating tires: Rotating your tires can relieve the stress the winter weather may have put on them, and can potentially extend their service life. It is a good rule of thumb to have your tires rotated every time you get an oil change.
- Air filter: Make sure your air filter is changed every 6 months to keep your cylinders clear and get the most out of your car.
- Car battery: Your car battery in Pendleton, OR has to put forth a lot of effort to get your car going during the winter. When the winter is over, have your battery life tested and consider having it replaced if it is on the older side.
- Cooling system: After a long hard winter, draining your radiator might not be enough to purge your system of grease and sediment. Make sure your radiator is flushed completely and refilled with both coolant and water.
- Car electrical inspection: In addition to fueling your air conditioning and power windows, your car’s electrical system is also responsible for the operation of your headlights and taillights, as well as your battery. Having the system checked can help make sure that you are as safe as possible every time you get behind the wheel.
If making sure that your car is safe and ready for all of the fun activities you have planned is on your list for the spring, contact us at Western Radiator Inc. Whether you need AC repair, car battery replacement or a car electrical system inspection in Pendleton, OR, our team will make sure that your car is road trip-ready all spring and summer. Give us a call to schedule your appointment right away.
This post was written by Writer